So you worked the majority of your life for this big day…Retirement! Yayyy! Now that you’ve retired, you’ve completed some projects around the house, did some cleaning up, and you’re sitting around bored. What to do with this boredom and all this free time on your hands? I’ve got five things to do when you’re retired and bored. You can check out my YouTube video here ➡️ https://youtu.be/M4mvJTzm1nU
I’ve collected these FIVE activities throughout the years from my clients on what they did, or what they are doing to help with this boredom in retirement.
- Babysitting for family or friends. Since you’ve got so much time on your hands. You could fill this time with watching and taking care of children all week or a few days out of the week. This will keep you active: running after and playing with toddlers. It’s a great activity to think to do that will definitely get you out of your boredom and keep you feeling young.
- Move to a different state or country. I’m sure throughout the years or even when you were younger, in high school, or college you had a dream to move to a different state or country. However, life happened and you got sidetracked with it or there may have been something always holding you back from exploring this move. Now that you have this free time and no longer have to work; pack up all your stuff, move to a different country, learn the culture, be immersed in it. You will be forced to learn the language, do something different and fun.
- Is there a nonprofit organization or a cause that is dear to your heart? Why not volunteer and become a Board member, make a change in that organization? Bring your thoughts, ideas and your experience to the organization. The Board will welcome what you bring to the table to help them grow. Who knows… you may become the Board of this organization that you’ve always wanted to be a part of!
- Become an entrepreneur with your time. There’s always a problem that needs to be solved. Find what that problem is and deliver that service or goods to the clients who would need your business. Starting a business and running a profitable business will keep you busy for a very long time. You won’t be saying that you’re bored once you start planning your business. Go ahead and start that business today. Get rid of that boredom, make some money, create jobs, be that entrepreneur that you know you can be.
- Last but not least, do whatever you want! It’s your time! Do whatever you want with whoever you want, and whatever you want to do. If you want to do nothing, just don’t sit around making noise that you’re bored. Do nothing. You want to hang out with a friend, you want to watch a movie, read a book…Do it!! You’ve put in too much time and hours to have the world dictate what you should do or worry what other people may think of you doing nothing. Enjoy your retirement with whatever you select to do. It’s your time.